Home Flood Do’s and Don’ts
House Flooding Don’ts
- Flood Water– Don’t Panic – Call Texas Disaster Restoration immediately. Time is not on you side – act quickly to prevent water damage.
- Do not try to clean up standing water yourself with a vacuum cleaner!
- Do not use electrical appliances or electrical equipment in flooded i.e. wet flooring or carpets.
- Do not put you or your loved ones in jeopardy by going into a room that is flooded with electricity on.
- Do not try to remove carpeting on your own this will shrinkage causing damage.
- Stay out of rooms where the ceiling is sagging.
- Do not store damp items in plastic bags — this will cause mold to grow.
House Flooding DO’s
- Shut off the water ASAP to prevent any further safety hazards i.e., electrical shock and personal injury from slips and falls.
- Quickly remove if you can furniture out of flooded areas.
- Open windows, doors, drawers, cupboards and closets to allow for air circulation and start drying wet and damp areas.
- Turn on air conditioning if flooding occurs in summer.
- Turn on heater if flooding occurs in winter.